Our goals are to:
Promote respect for the sanctity of human life at every stage of existence.
Center our ministry in prayer, education and action, in that order.
Keep the Kern County Catholic community informed of all things pro-life by helping parishes start a pro-life ministry and providing resources to existing ministries.
Assist organizations that support the dignity of life.
There are a number of ways you can Witness to Life:
Join our ministry! At our website-home page or provide your email address to your parish representative or to email@example.com
Adoration for Life: Commit one hour a week to prayer for pro-life intentions, in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament and at the parish of your choice – More Info. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pro-Life Library: Use our pro-life media resources for your educational purposes or help us grow our collection – More Info. Contact email@example.com
Youth: Help us promote the culture of life within our youth at Parish youth groups, Catholic and public schools, and college Catholic clubs.
End-of-Life Issues: Share some time providing company to and supporting our elderly.
Walk for Life West Coast: Join our bus ride to the San Francisco peaceful protest every January on or around the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion – More Info
Promote and participate in local community events organized by institutions supporting Life
About Our Logo
The Holy Family celebrates the human family unit, as well as the ultimate family unit: Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. With Our Lady, the Patroness of the Unborn, Jesus, the Way, the Truth and the Life, and St. Joseph, the Patron of the Dying and of a Happy Death, the Holy Family represents our Catholic identity and our mission to inspire reverence for human life from conception to natural death. We are grateful to the Holy Family Parish of Middletown,
Ohio, for graciously allowing us to incorporate their logo into ours.
The intercession of Mary and Joseph, together as husband and wife, and protectors of Jesus in the womb, helps inspire and strengthen our efforts in favor of life. On that line, our ministry highly recommends the devotion of the Holy Spouses Rosary. Our ministry has copies for sale, through your parish representative. Also available at
Suggested Prayer Intentions
- We pray for the end of abortion
- We pray that God will stop the nationally planned expansion of abortion clinics in our cities across the nation, and for the abortion clinics currently open that they be closed down
- We pray that God would help our bishops in the fight for religious freedom that is currently threatened by the HHS mandate imposed on all institutions regardless of religious beliefs
- We pray that God would raise up more courageous pro-life leaders in our churches and our local and national governments to stand up for all phases of life
- We pray that all people will open their eyes to the lies and deceit put forth by the proponents of the culture of death especially our young people
- We pray for the conversion of all individuals involved in the abortion industry; for a change of heart of all people who hold the belief that abortion is okay
- We pray that God will grant healing to all who have been affected by abortion and that they may know the love and forgiveness offered by Christ
- We pray that more legislation be passed that protects all life
- We pray that God will come into the hearts of all women this date that are considering an abortion
- We pray for God’s protection of all people who are involved in the fights against abortion clinics and the culture of death
- We pray for all other intentions known to you God alone that are in our hearts