(Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults)
From the time of the apostles, becoming a Christian has been accomplished by a journey and initiation in several stages. This journey can be covered rapidly or slowly, but certain essential elements will always have to be present: proclamation of the Word, acceptance of the Gospel entailing conversion, profession of faith, Baptism itself, the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, and admission to Eucharistic communion. CCC 1229
RCIA program is for all those candidates not baptized, who want to learn about the Catholic faith, and the baptized not catechized, but eager to know about the teachings of Jesus Christ, transmitted to the Apostles, and inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe invites you to meet with the living God, present in the sacraments.
- CATECHUMEN: Are those who are preparing to receive the sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist) not received as child.
- RECEPTION INTO FULL COMMUNION: Are those who are baptized in a separated ecclesial Community, and want to be in union with the Catholic Church by receiving the sacraments.
- ADULT CONFIRMATION: Those who have been baptized as Catholics but who not been brought up in the faith or not received the sacrament of confirmation. This sacrament, like baptism, may only be celebrated once.
- ADULT FIRST COMMUNION: Those who are baptized in the faith and Confirmed with the gift of the Holy Spirit, but notcatechized,seekingcelebrate theEucharistic
To understand the call of Christ and to get close to the sacraments that we will receive we must have a pre-evangelization and catechesis.
RCIA English Schedule
- Catechumens & Candidates to Reception into Full Communion
Sunday 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Rm. St. Raphael OLG California Site.
- Confirmation & First Communion
Tuesday 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Rm. St. Raphael OLG California Site.
Please call at (661) 323-7642 for information about the requirements and schedule.
If your child is 7 years or older and is not baptized yet, he/she must first attend Catechism classes.
- He/she need all 1st. Communion requirements. (Except the proof of sacraments).
- Bring the Birth certificate of your child.
Because Christian marriage is a sacrament, the Catholic Church wants couples to be well-prepared. Our Lady of Guadalupe Church offers marriage preparation to help couples develop a better understanding of the sacrament; to evaluate and deepen their readiness to live married life; and to gain insights into themselves as individuals and as a couple. The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant, which is more than a contract. Covenant always expresses a relationship between persons. The marriage covenant refers to the relationship between the husband and wife, a permanent union of persons capable of knowing and loving each other and God.
For couples planning to marry at Our lady of Guadalupe Church and would like more information please click HERE . Also please contact the office 6 months before your anticipated wedding date to begin the marriage preparation process: 661-323-3148.