Preparation for Confirmation should aim at leading the Christian toward a more intimate union with Christ and a more lively familiarity with the Holy Spirit – his actions, his gifts, and his biddings – in order to be more capable of assuming the apostolic responsibilities of Christian life. To this end catechesis for Confirmation should strive to awaken a sense of belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ, the universal Church as well as the parish community the latter bears special responsibility for the preparation of confirmands. (CCC 1309).
- Baptism and First Communion certificate.
- Fill out Registration Form.
- Donation-$75 per youth.
- Must be 14 yrs. of age.
- Child must attend two years of preparation.
- MANDATORY Retreat, 1 day for first year and a three day retreat for second year.
- MANDATORY Community Service Hours (20 hrs. per year).
For more information call (661)323-7642
September – April 2016-2017
Sunday 8:00am -10:00am
Monday, Tuesday 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Sunday 9:30am – 11:15am
Among several Spanish-speaking countries and among many Hispanics in the United States there is the custom of celebrating the passage from childhood to adolescence with a ritual that expresses thanksgiving to God for the gift of life and that asks for a blessing from God for the years ahead. The Quinceañera, though not a sacrament is sacramental and therefore, can be celebrated in different forms depending on the family’s needs and its participation in the life of the parish.
Remember: the Act of Thanksgiving and the Blessing given are the key elements in the Quinceañera. The ceremony should be very memorable for those involved, especially the teen, family and close friends.
A family is considered active in the life of faith of the Church if:
* regular attendance at Mass
* regular attendance of religious education classes.
* family registered in the parish
* the Quinceañera needs to be involved in the youth program
The Quinceañera must have ALL the following done before the date of the celebration:
* the Quinceañera must have received the sacrament’s of Baptism and First Communion (a copy of the certificate must be submitted if not done at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church.
* must receive the Rite of Reconciliation (confession)
If the Quinceañera is lacking in any of these requirements, there will be no celebration.
For more information regarding celebrating a Quinceañera at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church please contact the office: 661-323-3148