The Sister Servants of the Blessed Sacrament (SJS) is a religious community of Catholic Sisters who devote their lives to adoration of the Holy Eucharist and educating children and youth. We were proud to celebrate 110 years since our founding in 1904 on October 25, 2014. Please explore our website to learn more about us by sending us a prayer request, reading about our founder or joining others who support our ministry.
Blessed be God!
“Dear young friends: If we want it to have real meaning and fulfilment, as you want and as you deserve, I say to each one of you, “Put on faith”, and your life will take on a new flavour, it will have a compass to show you the way; “put on hope” and every one of your days will be enlightened and your horizon will no longer be dark, but luminous; “put on love”, and your life will be like a house built on rock, your journey will be joyful, because you will find many friends to journey with you. Jesus is the one who brings God to us and us to God.”
– Pope Francis I
God speaks to us in the silence of our hearts. The closer you are to God the easier it will be to understand his whispering voice; so make a plan for your spiritual life and include the following:
- Pray often, asking God to reveal his will and to help you know yourself better.
- Find a church or chapel that has Eucharistic adoration and set aside time each week for silent adoration.
- Consecrate yourself to our Mother Mary by praying the Rosary.
- Live a sacramental life: attend daily Mass whenever possible and go at least monthly to the sacrament of Penance.
- Read Scripture daily and look to other good spiritual books such as the lives of the saints, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, classics of the spiritual life, etc.
- Seek the guidance of a spiritual director who has a good understanding of the consecrated life, or of a religious sister.
- Participate in retreats or days of prayer, especially in a religious community.
- Talk to a sister about the concerns you might have.
- Visit a religious community and experience a come and see day.
For more information please call Sr. Aurora Lopez-Ornelas, SJS at 619.651.5954 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org